IB Chinese Tutorial Course in Hong Kong
Pass IB Chinese Exams with Favorable Scores
- ● IBDP Chinese A: Language & Literature / Literature (Standard Level / Higher Level)
- ● IBDP Chinese B (Standard Level / Higher Level)
- ● School-based courses IBDP Chinese A & B
- ● School-based courses Pre-IBDP Chinese A
- ● IBMYP Chinese A (Level 1-5)
- ● Available in traditional and simplified characters
How Can New Concept Mandarin Help You?
While New Concept Mandarin provides general Mandarin courses for foreigners in HK, we are constantly approached by parents of International schools (HKIS, CIS, HKA…) to help their children with their study through IB Chinese classes. Over the past 20 years our trainers have gained rich experience in helping students with their study through IB Chinese classes and test taken preparation. We offer face-to-face private tutorial in the students’ homes. Group and private tutorials are also available in our training center.
In this course, teachers will provide students with ample mock exam questions for practice, followed by detailed comments and feedback. Lessons will cover a variety of practical writing, common literary terminologies and oral skills. We will also provide high-scoring commentary essays in order to help students achieve high scores in the exam.
Organise an IB Chinese Tutor with New Concept Mandarin today.
- ● Courses are student-focused and cater to individual learner’s abilities and needs
- ● Regular assessment and communication with parents to ensure close monitoring of student’s progress
IB Chinese Tutors can teach students in Simplified or Traditional Chinese.
For more information on our IB Chinese classes and tutors, contact us by filling in our enquiry form. A member of our friendly team will get in touch with you to discuss.
Our Students Are From International Schools
漢基國際學校 - Chinese International School
啓新書院 - Renaissance College Hong Kong
香港國際學校 - Hong Kong International School
南島中學 - South Island School
德瑞國際學校 - German Swiss International School
滬江維多利亞學校 - Victoria Shanghai Academy
新加坡國際學校 - Singapore International School
法國國際學校 - French International School
西島中學 West Island School
加拿大國際學校 Canadian International School
保良局蔡繼有學校 - Po Leung Kuk Choi Kai Yau School
李寶椿聯合世界書院 - Li Po Chun United World College of Hong Kong
How You Will Benefit From Our IB Tutorial Course?
IBDP Chinese A
- ● This course mainly helps students improve Chinese writing proficiency and examination skills for the External Assessment for IBDP Chinese A Language and Literature.
- ● In each IB Chinese class, tutors will guide students to achieve higher scores in the Internal Assessment at school by conducting practices and mock examinations with students.
- ● Practical skills include:
- ○ Analyzing literary features of works;
- ○ Oral commentary on works;
- ○ Commenting on previously unseen texts;
- ○ Writing comparative essays.
- ● School based IB Chinese Classes
- ○ Lesson materials tailored to the school’s reading list
- ○ Get a head start in becoming familiar with IBDP Chinese A
- ○ Exam questions practice with textual analysis skills
- ○ Enhance essential literary knowledge and Chinese communication skills
- ○ Guidance in the external assessment and oral exam
IBDP Chinese B (HL&SL)
- ● Writing formats of various text types, essential vocab and high-scoring essays
- ● Reading Skills for achieving a top score
- ● Detailed and skillful guidance in the external assessment and oral exam
- ● Past exam papers practice
1. The IB Primary Years Program (PYP) (students aged 3 to 12)
For PYP students we focus on laying a solid foundation on four skills listening, speaking, reading, and writing of Mandarin Chinese. Our customized IB Chinese class contents will help learners with their Mandarin study in their school curriculum.
2. The Middle Years Program (MYP) (students aged 11 to 16)
For MYP programs, students will become more creative, critical and reflective thinkers. In these IB Chinese classes, we focus on learning Mandarin through controlled and creative activities. Students will build up confidence in using Chinese as native speakers and develop oral and written communication skills.
建立學生讀、寫、聽、說的能力，為銜接IB-DP 中文語言A (Language A)、語言B (Language B)或 A-Level的課程打好基礎。同時可配合學校課程內容學習。
語言A (Language A)︰除讀、寫、聽、說的課程外，還會加以建立學生分析文學作品、翻譯的能力與技巧。
3. The Diploma Program (DP) (students aged 16 to 19)
For DP students we focus on helping students to achieve higher scores in their IB final examinations. Our experienced IB Chinese Examination trainers will use these IB Chinese classes to focus more on reading comprehension, composition writing, reviewing the past examination papers. Mock examination papers will be used to help students gain practical experience immediately for the final examination.
對於修讀課程 A 之學生，NCM老師會按照校方所選取的作家作品或文學名著，教導學生深入分析和評論的方法，發展學生獨立的文學批評能力。學生會從中學習不同的文學體裁和其特點，熟悉各種不同的詮釋和分析的角度，文學批評理論和流派，理解和尊重多元文化，最後在老師的指引下撰寫反思和文學論文。
對於修讀課程 B 之學生，老師會由淺入深，從學生愛寫和易寫的課題出發，訓練細微觀察、展開思路、合理想像、清楚表達的能力，提升學生語言運用與書面語寫作能力。
Why Students Love Our IB Tutorial Courses
Client Name: Elisabeth HardeeDate: 01/08/2014
Extremely helpful. The teachers were all great, they were very very helpful and focused with my Mandarin study. They also helped me to make a good improvement, so I now think that I can get a good mark in my exam where before I took the course I would fail. Every one was very kind and always ready to help. I highly recommend New Concept Mandarin.
Client Name: Victoria from Chinese International School
Course: Private IB Chinese Course--Chinese B Higher Level (09/2013--04/2016)
Over the IB course of my tutoring at New Concept Mandarin, my Chinese has seen considerable improvements. My Chinese writing skills are much stronger than they were and my Chinese speaking has become much more fluent.
Client: Student from Renaissance College, 2019
Course: Private IB Chinese Course--Chinese A Language and Literature (From 2014 - 2019)
Client: Student from CIS, 2018
Course: Private IB Chinese Course-- IB Chinese B Higher Level (Jan 2017- Apr 2018)