Beginner Chinese Classes
Are you an absolute beginner looking for practical, personalized Mandarin Chinese lessons? If yes, you should check out our Survival Chinese Classes!
With Survival Level 1, you will pick up useful Chinese vocabulary and learn the correct tones and pronunciations. Upon completing Survival Levels 2 and 3, you can land in China with the confidence of being understood in most "survival situations" like food ordering and travelling.
With this beginner Chinese class, you can successfully start to learn Mandarin in Hong Kong. Our experienced Mandarin Tutor will customize your lessons to help you grasp the basics and cultivate your motivation in learning the Chinese language.
Enroll in our Chinese Lessons for Beginners — Survival Levels now!
What will I learn from this Beginner Chinese Class?
If you want to learn Mandarin Chinese in a well-structured way that is easy to understand and remember, our Survival Chinese Class will help you get the most out of your learning. Throughout these lessons, our tutors will teach you how to:
- Understand and use correct Mandarin pronunciation
- Engage in daily Mandarin conversation on various topics such as ordering food, weather, activities, hobbies, travel, and more useful issues
- Learn useful survival phrases both verbally and written
- Read and recognize essential Chinese characters
- Become competent at developing sentences and phrases to use in daily life situations
Mandarin Chinese Lessons for Total Beginners - Survival Level 1 (32 Hours Class Time)
Survival Level 1 is designed for total beginners. If it is your first-time studying Mandarin Chinese, these lessons are an excellent way for you to master the basics — Mandarin pronunciation, reading, survival phrases and sentences, basic daily Mandarin conversation, and more. Upon completing this level, you should be able to talk to native Mandarin speakers in many "survival situations".
- Money, numbers and dates
- Visitors, Politeness and Courtesy
- Introducing in social or business settings
- Ordering food and drinks
- Expressing basic opinions, likes and dislikes
- Occupations and job titles
- Daily Activities
- Asking and telling time
- Recognizing up to 250 Chinese words
- Conversational Level above HSK Level 1
Mandarin Chinese Lessons for Beginners - Survival Level 2 (32 Hours Class Time)
In this course, beginners will be learning Chinese for daily communications through a variety of units: Word Building, Sentence Development, Language in Use, Language Focus, Conversation, Comprehension, Expressions, and Reading.
Upon completion of the class, learners will be able to use predominantly simple Chinese sentences at a beginner level to satisfy immediate, predictable needs and basic everyday transactional needs.
- Weather and hobbies
- Making and answering telephone calls
- Communicating in travel related situations
- Book tickets and hotel rooms
- Transportation and Locations
- Understanding and asking for directions
- Writing simple, short notes in Chinese
- Recognizing up to 500 Chinese words
- Conversational Level above HSK Level 2
Mandarin Chinese Lessons for Beginners - Survival Level 3 (32 Hours Class Time)
Survival 3 is the last level of Survival Levels. Upon completion of this level, you will be able to hold conversations with the Chinese people in more quotidian life situations. Each Unit includes Word Building, Sentence Development, Language in Use, Language Focus, Conversation, Comprehension, Expressions, and Reading.
- Food, fruits and vegetables
- Inviting and Entertaining guests
- Business dinner and weekend entertainment
- Talking about daily activities, opinions, feelings and mood
- Colors and clothing, go shopping and bargain
- Parts of the body
- Seeing a doctor
- Living in China, work and accommodation
- Asking & answering questions in a wide range of situations
- Recognizing up to 750 Chinese words
Beginner Chinese Class FAQs
What materials do I need for this Beginner Chinese Class?
For our beginner Chinese classes, we will provide you with everything you need in order to successfully start learning Mandarin Chinese. We will pair you with one of our skilled Mandarin Tutors who will guide you through lessons using our New Concept Mandarin Survival Level textbooks. Once you apply for a class with us, we will [provide you with the textbook/give you a link to order one online].
Who is suitable for this class?
This class is suitable for absolute beginners and those relatively new to Mandarin Chinese who need guidance on tones, pronunciations, and vocabulary. This is regarding speaking, reading, writing, and listening in order to develop real language skills and become comfortable with using it practically.
Will I be able to speak conversationally with Native Mandarin speakers after taking this class?
This is our ultimate aim! Once you get to Survival Level 3 of our Chinese for Beginners class, you will be introduced to broader topics that will allow for more meaningful and well-structured conversations in Mandarin. By completing these lessons, you will be better equipped to ask and answer questions in a wide range of situations.
How many Chinese characters will I learn in this class?
Each Survival Level class will teach you to recognize up to a certain number of Chinese characters. In Survival Level 1, you will be taught to recognize up to 250 words. In Survival Level 2, there are up to 500 words you should be able to recognize. Finally, in Survival Level 3, you should be confident in recognizing up to 750 words.