Beginner Chinese Classes
Are you an absolute Chinese beginner looking for practical, personalized Chinese lessons? If yes, you should check out our Survival Chinese Class!
With Survival Level 1, you will pick up useful Chinese pronunciations and vocabulary. Upon completing Survival Levels 2 and 3, you can land in China with the confidence of being understood in most “survival situations” like food ordering and travelling.
This beginner Chinese class gives you a constant leap in learning. Our experienced teachers customize the Chinese lessons to help you grasp the language and cultivate your motivation in learning Chinese.
Enroll in our Chinese Lessons for Beginners — Survival Levels now!
Mandarin Chinese Lessons for Total Beginners - Survival Level 1 (32 Hours Class Time)
Survival Level 1 is designed for total beginners. If it is your first-time studying Mandarin Chinese, these lessons are an excellent way for you to master the basics — Mandarin pronunciation, reading, survival phrases and sentences, basic daily Mandarin conversation, and more. Upon completing this level, you should be able to talk to native Mandarin speakers in many "survival situations".
- Money, numbers and dates
- Visitors, Politeness and Courtesy
- Introducing in social or business settings
- Ordering food and drinks
- Expressing basic opinions, likes and dislikes
- Occupations and job titles
- Daily Activities
- Asking and telling time
- Recognizing up to 250 Chinese words
- Conversational Level above HSK Level 1
Mandarin Chinese Lessons for Beginners - Survival Level 2 (32 Hours Class Time)
In this course, beginners will be learning Chinese for daily communications through a variety of units: Word Building, Sentence Development, Language in Use, Language Focus, Conversation, Comprehension, Expressions, and Reading.
Upon completion of the class, learners will be able to use predominantly simple Chinese sentences at a beginner level to satisfy immediate, predictable needs and basic everyday transactional needs.
- Weather and hobbies
- Making and answering telephone calls
- Communicating in travel related situations
- Book tickets and hotel rooms
- Transportation and Locations
- Understanding and asking for directions
- Writing simple, short notes in Chinese
- Recognizing up to 500 Chinese words
- Conversational Level above HSK Level 2
Mandarin Chinese Lessons for Beginners - Survival Level 3 (32 Hours Class Time)
Survival 3 is the last level of Survival Levels. Upon completion of this level, you will be able to hold conversations with the Chinese people in more quotidian life situations. Each Unit includes Word Building, Sentence Development, Language in Use, Language Focus, Conversation, Comprehension, Expressions, and Reading.
- Food, fruits and vegetables
- Inviting and Entertaining guests
- Business dinner and weekend entertainment
- Talking about daily activities, opinions, feelings and mood
- Colors and clothing, go shopping and bargain
- Parts of the body
- Seeing a doctor
- Living in China, work and accommodation
- Asking & answering questions in a wide range of situations
- Recognizing up to 750 Chinese words