Beginner Chinese Classes
Chinese Lessons for Beginners – Level 1
This is an introduction to Mandarin Chinese for beginners. Learners will be able to perform in a very limited capacity within the most immediate, predictable areas of need, using essentially conversational Chinese.
- ● Talk about money, numbers and dates
- ● Receive visitors
- ● Introduce yourself in social or business settings
- ● Express basic opinions, likes and dislikes
- ● Ask and tell time
Chinese Lessons for Beginners – Level 2
Upon completion of this course, learners will be able to use Mandarin Chinese at a beginner level to satisfy immediate, predictable needs and basic everyday transactional needs, using predominantly simple sentences in Chinese.
- ● Talk about weather and hobbies
- ● Make and answer telephone calls
- ● Communicate in travel related situations
- ● Book tickets and hotel rooms
- ● Give and understand directions
- ● Write simple, short notes in Chinese
Chinese Lessons for Beginners – Level 3
Upon completion of this course, learners are able to satisfy everyday transactional needs and limited social needs, using conversational Chinese plus basic Chinese characters.
- ● Order food and drinks and entertain friends
- ● Talk about daily activities, opinions and feelings
- ● Go shopping and bargain
- ● Ask & answer questions in a wide range of situations