Where To Learn Cantonese In Hong Kong?
Our Cantonese Courses, Classes & Lessons
Location of Our Hong Kong Centre
Free Trial Cantonese Class in Our Hong Kong Centre
Learn Cantonese for All Levels in Hong Kong and Worldwide
Learning Cantonese in Hong Kong can be fun! Our online and in-person Cantonese course is designed to develop practical communication skills in Cantonese while working and living in Hong Kong. We have tailored course materials for English speakers and Mandarin speakers to learn the language effectively. Your teacher is not just a native Cantonese speaker, they are trained to make sure that you get what you pay for during your lessons. Your money and time will not be wasted by working with professionals. You should be able to talk to local HK people even after your first Cantonese class with us!
For those seeking to learn from a Cantonese tutor in Hong Kong, we offer two types of Cantonese courses: Private and Group Classes for you to learn Cantonese. Whether you’re located in Hong Kong, Mainland China, Singapore or further abroad in places like Australia and the USA, New Concept Mandarin is your number one choice for in-person and online learning.
Why Learn Cantonese in Hong Kong?
There are many reasons why one should study Cantonese when living in or visiting Hong Kong including:
- Communication with locals: Cantonese is the primary language used for communication in Hong Kong, which means that you can converse with local residents in a variety of everyday situations.
- Cultural immersion: Learning the city's dialect will allow you to immerse yourself in and get a better understanding of the local culture and heritage.
- Business opportunities: Cantonese is spoken by many important business leaders and investors across China and South-East Asia, which opens up career prospects and gives you a competitive advantage.
- Personal growth: Becoming proficient in a new language is always a great way to expand your capabilities and experience growth, presenting you with new experiences and broadening your mindset.
What Do I Need to Pay Attention to When Learning Cantonese?
Although learning Cantonese with New Mandarin Concept can be very fun, it is also important to put in the required effort and put your best foot forward to get to the level of proficiency you want. Some things you should pay attention to are:
- Take regular classes so you don't lose momentum - at least once or twice a week
- Practice with others around you outside of class
- Listen to the Cantonese being spoken around you wherever you go - in the office, at school, or even on public transport
- Be careful with the different tones in Cantonese, as the meanings of words could change drastically if you don't use the correct tone!
Be patient with yourself as you learn - this language is not easy by any means, and will take time and practice in order to get it right
Private Face-to-face Cantonese Course
If you need a flexible schedule, you may choose our private course and enjoy:
- ● Total flexibility in scheduling your classes
- ● Learning at your own pace
- ● Customized course materials
- ● Personalized learning contents
For private tuition, you can decide the contents you want to learn. At the same time, we will guide you to accomplish a good learning outcome. It is more than just assigning you a private tutor. We provide a customized and structured course to help you achieve your learning objectives.
Small Group In-person Cantonese Course
Our small group courses start on an on-going basis. Group classes can be held at our training centre or your office or home. You will enjoy:
- ● Small group size (2-4 people per class)
- ● Flexible location
- ● Group dynamics
- ● Interactive games and activities
Corporate In-house Training Cantonese Course
We are happy to arrange fun, effective and practical Cantonese in-house corporate training course for companies in Hong Kong. Please feel free to contact us for 2-4 people Cantonese small group training at your office or in our centre in Central.
- Needs Analysis
We identify the Cantonese language training needs of your company and provide professional consultation on training solutions and the plans for the training required.
We provide flexibility in Cantonese class scheduling.
- Quality Control
We continuously monitor Chinese course quality to ensure your company’s needs are being met.
- Progress Reporting
We provide progress reports, including students’ attendance records, level achievements, certificates and recommendations for future training.
Select New Concept Mandarin as your Chinese training partner!
Private Cantonese Course Online over Zoom
We are happy to arrange private one-on-one online Cantonese course for students who prefer learning virtually. You can take your Cantonese class over Zoom/Skype/WeChat/Google Hangouts.
Contact us to arrange an online private Cantonese teacher!
We use a learner-oriented approach to teach our Cantonese and Mandarin Chinese classes in Hong Kong. While the course contents can be customized to meet each individual’s needs, the Cantonese courses are well structured and generally include the following topics:
- ● Money, Numbers and Dates
- ● Greetings
- ● Personal Introduction
- ● Hobbies
- ● Suggestions and Comments
- ● Discounts
- ● Shopping
- ● Drinks
- ● Food
- ● Traveling
- ● Weather and Date
- ● Tour around Hong Kong
- ● Work
- ● Business
- ● Personal Feelings
- ● Daily Activities
- ● Getting Around
- ● Asking for Directions
- ● Giving Orders
- ● Talking about Families
We are happy to offer a 15-minute free trial class. Book a Free Trial Lesson now. Click on the link below to experience the fun of learning a Cantonese course through lessons provided by us.
More Facts About Our Cantonese Courses
- From learning words to speaking simple sentences from the first lesson, course contents cover useful daily expressions. These simple phrases encourage the use of Cantonese in daily life. Topics are carefully chosen, based on real life situation.
- Learn functional words and sentence patterns. Basic Cantonese structures are gradually introduced.
- Focus on developing the student's ability to speak in full sentences and progress towards describing happenings and situations.
- Short passages are given as variation to conversation. Students are encouraged to describe an incident and express ideas.
- New vocabulary will always be reinforced in later lessons from different activities. Do not be afraid if you are too busy to do the reviewing.
- Private One-on-One Cantonese Course can be tailor-made for both kids and adults. You can take class in our centre in Central or at a place of your choice (e.g. your home, your office, coffee shop etc.).
More Facts About Our Cantonese Courses
- ● From learning words to speaking simple sentences from the first lesson, course contents cover useful daily expressions. These simple phrases encourage the use of Cantonese in daily life. Topics are carefully chosen, based on real life situation.
- ● Learn functional words and sentence patterns. Basic Cantonese structures are gradually introduced.
- ● Focus on developing the student's ability to speak in full sentences and progress towards describing happenings and situations.
- ● Short passages are given as variation to conversation. Students are encouraged to describe an incident and express ideas.
- ● New vocabulary will always be reinforced in later lessons from different activities. Do not be afraid if you are too busy to do the reviewing.
- ● Private One-on-One Cantonese Course can be tailor-made for both kids and adults. You can take class in our center in Central or at your place.
|搬屋||Move into the other apartment|
|租樓||Rent a House|
|買樓||Buy a House|
|住邊度||Where do you live?|
|喺邊度||Where is it?|
|點去||Asking for directions|
|打電話I||On the phone I|
|打電話II||On the phone II|
|帶咗未呀||Have you brought it?|
|工幹||Away for business trip|
|喺機場||In the Airport|
|農曆新年||Chinese New Year|
|香港消遣||Pleasure for people of Hong Kong|