IB Chinese Tutorial Courses
Pass IB Chinese Exams with Favorable Scores
- IBDP Chinese A: Language & Literature / Literature (Standard Level / Higher Level)
- IBDP Chinese B (Standard Level / Higher Level)
- School-based courses IBDP Chinese A & B
- School-based courses Pre-IBDP Chinese A
- IBMYP Chinese A (Level 1-5)
- Available in traditional and simplified characters
How New Concept Mandarin Can Help You?
While New Concept Mandarin provides general Mandarin courses for foreigners in HK, we are constantly approached by parents of International schools (HKIS, CIS, HKA…) to help their children with their IB Chinese study. Over the past 14 years our trainers have gained rich experience in helping students with their IB Chinese study and test taken preparation. We offer face-to-face private tutorial in the students’ homes. Group and private tutorials are also available in our training center.
In this course, teachers will provide students with ample mock exam questions for practice, followed by detailed comments and feedback. Lessons will cover a variety of practical writing, common literary terminologies and oral skills. We will also provide high-scoring commentary essays in order to help students achieve high scores in the exam.
- Courses are student-focused and cater to individual learner’s abilities and needs
- Regular assessment and communication with parents to ensure close monitoring of student’s progress
Tutors can teach students in Simplified or Traditional Chinese.
How You Will Benefit From Our IB Tutorial Course?
IBDP Chinese A
- This course mainly helps students improve Chinese writing proficiency and examination skills for the External Assessment for IBDP Chinese A1 (HL and SL) and A2 (HL and SL).
- Tutors will guide students to achieve higher scores in the Internal Assessment at school by conducting practices and mock examinations with students.
- Practical skills include:
- Analyzing literary features of works;
- Oral commentary on works;
- Commenting on previously unseen texts;
- Writing comparative essays.
- School based courses
- Lesson materials tailored to the school’s reading list
- Get a head start in becoming familiar with IBDP Chinese A
- Exam questions practice with textual analysis skills
- Enhance essential literary knowledge and Chinese communication skills
- Guidance in the external assessment and oral exam
IBDP Chinese B (HL&SL)
- Writing formats of various text types, essential vocab and high-scoring essays
- Reading Skills for achieving a top score
- Detailed and skillful guidance in the external assessment and oral exam
- Past exam papers practice
1. The IB Primary Years Program (PYP) (students aged 3 to 12)
For PYP students we focus on laying a solid foundation on four skills listening, speaking, reading, and writing of Mandarin Chinese. Our customized course contents will help learners with their Mandarin study in their school curriculum.
2. The Middle Years Program (MYP) (students aged 11 to 16)
For MYP programs, students will become more creative, critical and reflective thinkers. We focus on learning Mandarin through controlled and creative activities. Students will build up confidence in using Chinese as native speakers and develop oral and written communication skills.
3. The Diploma Program (DP) (students aged 16 to 19)
For DP students we focus on helping students to achieve higher scores in their IB final examinations. Our experienced IB Chinese Examination trainers will focus more on reading comprehension, composition writing, reviewing the past examination papers. Mock examination papers will be used to help students gain practical experience immediately for the final examination.
Why Students Love Our IB Tutorial Courses
Client Name: Elisabeth Hardee
Extremely helpful. The teachers were all great, they were very very helpful and focused with my Mandarin study. They also helped me to make a good improvement, so I now think that I can get a good mark in my exam where before I took the course I would fail. Every one was very kind and always ready to help. I highly recommend New Concept Mandarin.
Client Name: Victoria from Chinese International School
Date: Private IB Chinese Course–Chinese B Higher Level (09/2013–04/2016)
Over the IB course of my tutoring at New Concept Mandarin, my Chinese has seen considerable improvements. My Chinese writing skills are much stronger than they were and my Chinese speaking has become much more fluent.